Clean . Lean . Inspiration . Motivation . Energy
I figured I’d give you all a glimpse of what happened at our most recent C.L.I.M.E. meeting that took place last Tuesday, July 14th. We covered the general benefits of Ion Alkaline Water as an antioxidant and exercise supplement. Also, Barbara Blank from Clean Creations provided us with the BEST recipe for green smoothie ever!
What is C.L.I.M.E?
C.L.I.M.E is a FREE informational session designed to motivate people to CLIME to the top of their fitness potential by incorporating healthy eating habits with their exercise regimes to obtain the benefits of living healthy and nutritional.
When and Where is C.L.I.M.E?
The meetings take place every second Tuesday of the every month at Prime Fitness RX on 607 Julia Street.
The Perfect Green Smoothie Recipe
2 cups ICE
2.5 – 3 cups LIQUID BASE (MILK, ALMOND MILK, SOY MILK)
1 tbps RAW HONEY
1 scoop PROTEIN SHAKE
2 cups FRUIT/GREEN VEGGIES
1 scoop NUT BUTTER (Peanut, Almond, Cashew etc.)
1 scoop CARB BOOST (Raw oats, chia/flax seeds)
- Add Ice into NutriBullet or alternate shake maker (Don’t go crazy on the ice)
- Add liquid base of choice and raw honey
- Add protein powder
- Recommended brands: sfh Recovery, JuicePlus+, Sun Warrior
- Add fruit
- Frozen fruits are preferred because if would help give the smoothie a smoother texture.
- Recommended fruits: berries, bananas, pineapple
- Recommended greens: Spinach, kale
- Add nut butter of choice
- EXTRA: Add carb boost (raw oats, chia/flax seed)
BEST TIMES TO DRINK:
- If you are looking to GAIN WEIGHT the smoothie would work well as a post-workout protein shake or a healthy snack.
- If you are looking to LOSE WEIGHT the smoothie would work best first thing in the morning as a meal replacement shake.
Recipe courtesy of CleanCreations.com
Ion Alkaline Water
Most of the water that we drink nowadays leans towards a more acidic composition, which is not very beneficial considering the highly acidic diets that most of us consume due to high amounts of process and chemically treated foods. Ion Alkaline Water is a type of water that has a modified pH of 8.0 to 9.1 through the process of electrolysis. Basically, the process consist of breaking down negatively charged hydrogen molecules through an electrical current, which adds oxygen and mimics the naturally occurring electric charges of minerals like Magnesium and Calcium in order to restore the water’s alkalinity.
- High levels of oxygen stimulate quicker rehydration of the body compared to regular water.
- Faster rehydration leads to an increase in athletic performance and general energy.
- Alkaline water acts an great antioxidant which helps remove toxins from the body.
- The expulsion of toxins helps the body get rid of persistent body fat so it great for weight loss!
BEST TIMES TO DRINK IT
- Before, during and after a workout
- After a crazy night out in the town
- As a daily hydration source
The effects of alkaline water work best when paired with an exercise routine and a healthy diet.
REMEBER TO ALWAYS AIM FOR ONE GALLON OF WATER PER DAY!