Corporate Wellness: Who, What, Why, and How
- Corporate wellness is any workplace health promotion activity or organizational policy designed to support healthy behavior in the workplace and to improve health outcomes of the employees.
- 70% of U.S. employers offer wellness programs. That is up from 58% in 2008. The increased participation is attributed to employers’ turning towards preventative health measures to counteract the rising healthcare costs associated with the Affordable Care Act.
- There are many ways to incorporate a health-conscious culture into your corporation, but the most successful programs are: fitness center subsidy or reimbursement; health and lifestyle coaching, weight-loss programs, and on-site fitness classes.
- Getting your employees physically active is just one component. Promoting a healthy work environment can also include filling vending machines with healthier options, encouraging stretching/walking breaks, and organizing team weight-loss challenges.
Benefits of Corporate Wellness Participation
Improved Employee Health & Moral
- 50-80% of employees identify their corporate wellness program as an instrument in improving their overall wellbeing.
- Several studies demonstrate that participation in corporate wellness programs is associated with a significant reduction in employee weight, BMI, and blood pressure.
- When the company demonstrates it cares for the wellbeing of their employees, employees are more devoted to their work, view their work as a team effort, feel more cohesive with their coworkers and more positive about their company.
Reduced Healthcare Costs & Increased Return on Investment
- The average corporate wellness program decreases annual health care cost by approximately 26%.
- The average cost of sick absences/employee/year ranges from $422.00-$660.00.
- Participation in corporate wellness programs has been attributed to an average reduction in 27% of employee absenteeism.
- For every $1.00 spent on corporate wellness, the return on investment ranges from $2.30-$10.10 through decreased healthcare costs and employee absences.
Decreased Absenteeism and Reduced Presenteeism
- Sick workers can affect your bottom-line in one of two ways: loss of productivity due to absence from work (absenteeism) and reduced performance while at work (presenteeism).
PFRX is open 24/7 and features amenities like day lockers, towels and showers, Grab & Go healhty meals for breakfast, lunch or dinner on the run, and a cardio theatre.
|Group Personal Training||max 1 session/week
|max 2 sessions/week
|max 3 sessions/week
|Supplements||–||10% off||20% off|
|Clean Creations Meals||10% off||15% off||20% off|
|6 Month Contract Rate||$60/month/employee||$55/month/employee||$45/month/employee|
|12 Month Contract Rate||$55/month/employee||$50/month/employee||$40/month/employee|
|Corporation Initiation Fee||$150.00||$300.00||$500.00|
*Membership level requires a $99 per employee enrollment fee.
How Prime Fitness RX Can Help Your Corporation
- All corporate memberships include gym and group fitness access.
- If your employees want to work out before, after, or during work they have access to do so at either our CBD or Warehouse District location. In fact, they have access to any location 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Membership also includes participation in regularly scheduled group fitness classes.
Group Personal Training Discounts
- Sometimes it isn’t possible for employees to participate in one of the many group fitness classes that are included in their membership due to scheduling conflicts or time constraint. Or maybe they would prefer a smaller group consisting of just familiar faces. This is where group training comes in! Employees can choose a day and time to workout in a group fitness setting with their coworkers, giving them all the benefits of group fitness but with more scheduling flexibility.
Clean Creations Gourmet Meal Discounts
- Around 70-80% of weight-loss and weight-maintenance comes down to proper nutrition. Your employees will be able to purchase gourmet breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals on-the-go, as both locations proudly serve Clean Creations meals.
Membership, Training, and Supplements Discounts
- Depending on which of the three wellness programs the corporation decides to participate in, employees can get up to $20 off the monthly gym membership rate, up to $35 off group personal training sessions, and up to 20% off all supplements.
Wellness Program Implementation Assistance
- Our team can help you implement and gain participation in both workplace and PFRX initiatives and programs to help develop and encourage a healthy workplace culture.