As y’all know, at PFRX, when we talk about nutrition, one of our most important ground rules is that you will not be hungry. We like food, good food. And we like to snack. So here’s a recipe for a great snack.
1/2 C Sugar in the Raw or Stevia in the Raw
4 oz. organic applesauce
2 tsp. organic ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp organic ground ginger
1/2 tsp organic ground clove
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 tsp organic vanilla extract
4 large organic cage-free egg whites
1- 15 oz. can of organic raw pumpkin
2 C Red Mills Gluten Free Almond Flour or Oat Flour
2 scoops vanilla soy or egg protein powder (sucralose and aspartame free)
1/2 C almond/coconut milk
1/2 C chopped walnuts (optional)
Non-stick coconut oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 9×13 Pyrex dish with non-stick coconut oil spray.
3. Combine first 11 ingredients and mix well.
4. Add final 3 ingredients (last 4, if adding walnuts), and mix until creamy.
5. Spread batter into Pyrex dish and bake for 50 minutes.
Makes 24 squares
Nutrition (without walnuts): 1 square= 47 calories, .7 g, 8g carbs, 3.7g protein
Nutrition (with walnuts): 1 square+ 63 calories, 2.3 g fat, 8g carbs, 4g protein